Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Working with Adsense: (Dis)Functionality

Disclaimer: The following post may appear to be confusing, idiotic, incorrect, etc to most people. And I bet it is. Dont read it, I just included it for including's sake.(huh?)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's yet another tip about the Google Adsense system(as if you hadnt enough of these from the net already). If you have mixed posts in your blog/website, and try to include high paying keywords on your blog, which dont match your blog header and title, Adsense doesnt display any ads related to that at all. This is a result of a random experiment from my side.


Here's the original post that I included:

/*=============================================================

Lawyers Buy Real Estate.


A recent survey shows that lawyers from across the United States invest all most all of their exorbitant fees in Real Estate. This is further proof to the booming nature of the real estate market. No lawyer was available for comment. Meanwhile, I'm off to buy real estate too.

==============================================================*/

This ended up with no ads for an hour(probably adsense was confused(?)), and after some(a lot) time, I ended up with completely non-blog related ads. Presently my blog is filled with Linux ads, and I havent included the word "Linux" even once in the whole blog.


Funny eh? This just goes to show that no one is perfect(not even google(shit)).